[talk-au] Vicmap data copying

Nick Hocking nick.hocking at gmail.com
Thu May 15 07:52:46 UTC 2014

Steve wrote

"IMHO some small scale imports may be useful, but from my comparisons, the
VicMap data is not necessarily "better" than OSM. It often has stuff OSM
doesn't, but sometimes that includes spurious stuff like roads that no
longer exist, never did, etc."

Thanks Steve,

As far as importing goes, I'm only talking about house numbers (since they
are so hard to collect by survey).
I definitely think that road names must NOT be imported but added
individually, where current osm data and bing imagery indicate that there
really is a road (currently OSM unamed) there.

Nick