[talk-au] Use of mapconnect data in OSM

Warren warren at specialtyfeeds.com.au
Sun Apr 5 09:38:21 UTC 2015

Can someone in the know talk with me about mapconnect?
http://mapconnect.ga.gov.au/MapConnect/index.jsp

The licensing statement at
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/au/legalcode
and the human readable version seem to me to indicate that its use is OK
provided you give appropriate credit and show a link to the license.

I was looking for a way to import National Park Boundaries into OSM.
The data is there but, lets face it the licensing issues are so complex
that I do not know if we are allowed.

I have put a boundary around John Forrest National Park, just east of
Midland WA, ex an shp file from mapconnect.  Easily revertible.

I would appreciate a response to the licensing issue and if the boundary
definition is OK.

Thanks
Warren