[talk-au] Question - restricted turning restrictions

Mark Pulley mrpulley at lizzy.com.au
Sun Aug 23 12:45:30 UTC 2015

Can anyone give a suggestion for how to tag a turning restriction that only applies to long vehicles?

The basic tags I understand:
		restriction = no_left_turn
		type = restriction

I have added this exception from the turn restrictions plugin:
		except = bicycle;motorcar
however, this doesn’t really encode what I want - vehicles over 19 metres prevented from turning.

would this (not really suitable) tag work?
		minlength = 19 (it’s not on the page http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:restriction

I have considered
		except = maxlength=19
however it’s not a standard format, and routers would probably have trouble interpreting the tag

I could use:
		restriction:hgv = no_left_turn
however there are heavy goods vehicles shorter than 19 metres who are allowed to make the turn.

Mark P.