[talk-au] Northern NSW again

Mark Pulley mrpulley at lizzy.com.au
Sat Dec 19 22:11:22 UTC 2015

On 19 Dec 2015, at 1:20 pm, Andy Townsend <ajt1047 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just for info, I've suggested that a relatively new mapper in Northern NSW might want to contact other mappers here in a comment on https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/35480438 (https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/332351666 is clearly unjoined, but there may be other issues).

I’ve just noticed that the same user has ‘corrected' the road type for a section of the Great Western Highway to motorway (between Lithgow and Wallerawang).

Maxspeed is 110 for some of this, 100 for the rest, road is divided - however there is only one ‘interchange’ (part of this is an at-grade junction). other road junctions are at-grade intersections (not interchanges).

It also isn’t technically limited access - there is a motel and a service station beside the road, and I recall at least one driveway. (I’ll be driving on this road in a few days so I can check if needed.)

I’m in two minds about whether to revert this change or not. What does everyone else think?

Mark P.