[talk-au] Unauthorised bike trails in national parks

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 00:30:01 UTC 2015

On 30/07/2015 10:20 AM, forster at ozonline.com.au wrote:
> Hi
>
> What (if any) is the correct tagging for unauthorised trails in
> national and state parks?
>
> For example, Ant Track
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/-37.92599/145.32051
>
> I have spoken with Parks Vic and they request that bike riders do not
> create additional trails and only use official trails. They would
> prefer if such unofficial trails were not mapped or named because it
> implies official status to park users.
>
> I have not yet worked out how to contact the author of Ant Track.

The trail physically exists? Then it is mappable.

However .. tag it access=no (or similar) ... If the trail is blocked off
so people cannot use it tag disused.

The track is

    Way: Ant Track (289298073)

        Added extra details to 'tracks' behind birdsland, and the new
        access bridge to birdsland, from 3 seperate GPS tracks.

Edited 10 months ago by steve91
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/steve91>
Version #3 ยท Changeset #25600646
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/25600646>