[talk-au] Unauthorised bike trails in national parks

Brett Russell brussell237 at live.com.au
Thu Jul 30 02:32:36 UTC 2015

Hi

We have much the same issue with walking tracks and old surveying/mining roads is Tasmania.  Parks has played a very dominating roll with Tasmapi it is actually dangerous as you can be standing on a made road/track and as it does not appear on the map you can get confused and lost.   Also had a track appeared on a map a walking group could have walked out using it rather than calling in search and rescue to cross a flooded river.

I use a simple rule, if it appears on the ground then it should appear in OSM.  I do fully agree that access should be no.

Just my thoughts based on lot of ground truthing. Ie getting lost.

Cheers
Brett Russell