[talk-au] camp sites

David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Sat May 2 00:25:51 UTC 2015

Hi Folks, as some of you are possibly not subscribed to the tagging
mailing list, thought I'd point out a proposal under way.

Its about a rough classification of camp sites in an ordered way. With
the intention of making them a bit easier to render or search for.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Camp_Site

Note we use "camp site" as being the larger area that we, in Oz, would
call a "camp ground". And what we would call "camp site", where one tent
or caravan would be set up, is a "pitch". They are UK terms, that's OSM
policy.

But camping is Australia so please consider voting folks. The discussion
has driven home to me just how lucky we are in this country in this
respect at least !

David