[talk-au] Highway route number prefixes for QLD and NT

Leith Bade leith at mapbox.com
Tue Nov 10 08:16:15 UTC 2015

Hi Ross and Micheal,

Fair enough. Perhaps instead of trying to change the refs to include
prefixes, they should be removed for routes that are numerical only to
align with your recommendation.

Basically:
- in Tasmania: change "NH1" to "1"
- in Victoria: change all "S x" to "x"
- in West Australia: change all "Sx" to "x"

To separate shield types, a comprehensive network of route relations would
be implemented using the networks codes assigned in
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Custom_Highway_Shields#Australia

This would require a large amount of effort however, unless it was
automated which I know a lot of people do not like.

(Sorry Ross for the duplicate email, I realised I forgot to hit reply all)

Thanks,
Leith Bade
leith at mapbox.com