[talk-au] Melbourne Airport (mapped as both node and way)

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 10:44:31 UTC 2015

On 01/10/2015 05:11, Warin wrote:
> -1
>
> Here am I taking nodes and making them areas - thus removing the node.
>
> I think mkgmap needs some improvement to get relevant areas into POI
> ... if that is a problem.
>
> I'd put money on a mkgmap 'expert' tell us that it is not a mkgmap
> problem as it can be done.

I'm no mkgmap expert and even I manage to do it, using the
"--add-pois-to-areas" flag. :)

That might be enough, although I also added a bunch of catch-alls to the
"polygons" file in case people haven't mapped these as buildings:

# Catch-alls added in case people have omitted "building="
amenity=* [0x13 resolution 24]
leisure=* [0x13 resolution 24]
man_made=* [0x13 resolution 24]
natural=* [0x13 resolution 24]
railway=* [0x13 resolution 24]
shop=* [0x13 resolution 24]
sport=* [0x13 resolution 24]
tourism=* [0x13 resolution 24]

(obviously pick what you want in there).  Likewise you may need to add
stuff to "points" if you have something not normally mapped as a node
that's going to appear as a "point" to mkgmap via "--add-pois-to-areas".

Cheers,

Andy