[talk-au] Correct tagging for life rings (life saving buoy)

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 09:21:05 UTC 2015

On 5/10/2015 6:58 PM, Max Bainrot wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Been doing some searching trying to work out how to tag a life saving
> buoy, its basically enclosed in a enclosure located near a emergency
> phone.
>
> So after some googling I've come across the following.
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:emergency%3Dlife_ring
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dlife_ring
>
> Both of which as far as I know do not come up on any maps.
Yep. Too few in number for most renders to pay any attention to.

> I've gone for the emergency=life_ring as its the most used one and
> appears not to be a proposed element so should be good.

That is the status. Presently 'unspecified' It is not 'approved' meaning
the tagging mailing list has not votes on it... not a great loss.
If it were more numerous it would be 'in use'.  Looks like the tagging
group preferred a different name .. but no one moved on it.. so use what
is there.

> Is there any other tags I should consider putting on it or is that it?
> (it seems too easy lol)

Any reference number ref= .. any 'operator' to who complaints about it
missing? operator=