[talk-au] Tagging for the router

Andrew Davidson theswavu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 11:44:36 UTC 2016

On 31/08/16 21:23, Leon Kernan wrote:

 > After all that, i'd only tag a turn restriction if there is a sign
 > advising such.

That's a nice theory but it does mean that there is no way to tell if
you are allowed to drive from one incoming way to another outgoing way.
Turn restrictions are, after all, entirely tagging for the router (it's
not like they get rendered on the map).

> I'm pretty sure noname is a no no these days as well.

I'm equally sure that noname is perfectly fine. They're handy for
tagging those short turn lanes, service roads, tracks, etc that don't
have a name so that mappers coming along later can filter them out when
they're looking for unnamed streets.