[talk-au] Local Government Areas without Councils

cleary osm at 97k.com
Wed Dec 28 06:51:11 UTC 2016

In suggesting the term "Local Government Area", I was thinking of areas
as shown in the Local Government Areas (LGA) datasets issued by state
and territory governments (although, at the moment, I understand we have
permissions only to use datasets from LPI NSW and SA Government Data).
These datasets include areas covered by various pieces of legislation
including but not limited to "local government" acts.  Perhaps I might
have suggested different wording such as  "local administrative
districts including but not limited to shires, cities and
municipalities".