[talk-au] Local Government Areas without Councils

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 22:30:42 UTC 2016

Hi all

I would agree with Warin's latest suggested definition: "The boundary of an
authority that is responsible for local government
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_government> functions within that
boundary."

If there's "something" there, we should be showing it!

Further to Cleary's comment about NSW Legislation, earlier this week I was
looking at the BoM site for NSW & they had put out a weather warning for  the
Unincorporated Area of NSW, so they also think that it exists!

On a similar line (& apologies if it's been discussed & resolved
previously) how do we treat Aboriginal towns? They lie within some form of
"Shire" (presumably Level 6), but then each town is run by it's Local
Community Council. Are they also a Level 6 authority?

Thanks

Graeme