[talk-au] Residential/commercial property boundaries

Michael Gratton mike at vee.net
Sun Jan 3 10:26:01 UTC 2016

Yes, as I said landuse doesn't seem to be what I'm after here.

What was the objection to fine grained land ownership in OSM? Seems 
like a particularly useful thing to have in. Is it just "imports suck"?


⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.
⚙ <http://mjog.vee.net/>

On Sun, 3 Jan, 2016 at 9:05 PM, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:
> The Karlsruher Schema is intended for postal addresses, typically the
> tags are used on building outlines or on nodes. I wouldn't use them on
> landuse boundaries. Nor would I import fine grained land ownership in
> the first place (you should be able to find discussion of the pros and
> cons on the talk or talk-us mailings lists some time back.
> Simon
> Am 03.01.2016 um 07:29 schrieb Michael Gratton:
>>  Hey all,
>>  Now that the NSW LPI goldmine is available, I'd like to be able to 
>> tag
>>  individual residential and commercial property boundaries. Looking 
>> at
>>  the wiki, it seems like boundary=administrative isn't applicable and
>>  landuse=... is for larger areas, so is the only useful tagging 
>> scheme
>>  something like:
>>>  area=yes
>>>  addr:housenumber=...
>>>  addr:street=...
>>  But then Karlsruhe says that buildings should be tagged with the
>>  addr:* tags instead?
>>  Any suggestions?
>>  //Mike
> _______________________________________________
> Talk-au mailing list
> Talk-au at openstreetmap.org
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-au

More information about the Talk-au mailing list