[talk-au] Residential/commercial property boundaries

Ross info at 4x4falcon.com
Sun Jan 3 23:17:52 UTC 2016

I don't believe that the address should be on either the property or the
building.

Specific example are where you have a 1 million acre property and if you
map it out and put the address on the boundary way it will show up
outside the property because of the shape of the property.  If you put
it on the building it shows up but gives no indication of where the
property access is and if you attempted to get there you'd just get lost.

I always put address on node preferably where the access to the property is.

examples of these properties are here:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=12/-16.1609/135.6528

Bauhinia Downs is one and the other is Lorella Springs on the other side
of the north south road here.

As far as landuse=residential goes I have mapped from different sources
but rather then mapping individual properties map the whole area of
residential/retail/industrial etc.

An example here:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/-21.0723/149.2217

Cheers