[talk-au] Tagging for NSW "State Conservation Area"?

cleary osm at 97k.com
Tue Jan 26 07:29:38 UTC 2016

In most cases I add a relation as there are often shared boundaries or
multiple parts to the conservation area. My most recent addition was
today. The tags I used for the relation were;

type=boundary
boundary=protected_area
protect_class=4
name=Livingstone State Conservation Area
source=LPI NSW Administrative Boundaries NPWS Reserve
operator=National Parks and Wildlife Service NSW
website=http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/visit-a-park/parks/livingstone-national-park

I have rarely added natural=wood or natural=scrub but whole areas are
rarely uniform and it can be difficult to accurately describe the
landcover etc unless one has personally visited and surveyed the
conservation area.

I am reluctant to use a "leisure" tag unless it is clear the area has
that purpose. I think that visitors are not always encouraged in some
state conservation areas.

I am also interested in feedback from other mappers.