[talk-au] Checking on bug-fixes before committing changes.

Simon Slater pyevet at iinet.net.au
Sat Jul 9 01:20:35 UTC 2016

On Sat, 9 Jul 2016 09:52:26 AM Simon Slater wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Jul 2016 07:37:53 PM Andrew Harvey wrote:
> > On 7 Jul 2016 7:21 PM, "Simon Slater" <pyevet at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> > > G'day all,
<snip>
> >  Since this is the first time I've done this, I've a couple of questions.

A couple more things I'd like to check the most appropriate way to proceed
before I make any changes:
1/	There are a few 'Bad value for sport=cricket,_australian_football' in the
area.  The use of the pitch is correct, is the syntax of the tag value wrong?

2/	Also a couple of 'Intersection of unrelated highway and waterway
objects'.  How to correct these?

3/	 A couple of these too, 'Approximate highway primary discart from
35.5339969622m ' I have a GPS track for at least 1 of these at the moment.

4/	'Unconnected waterway or wrong way flow'.  Does flow follow the direction a
way is created?  This one looks like it is connected downstream
http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/385773228

5/	This one, http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/173375239 is a lead-up to an
old historic lift bridge and is flagged 'Highway above ground and no bridge'.
What tag is needed for this?  Or should the bridge part be extended?  There
are a series of these old bridges in this area, so I'll check the others too.
What tags for historic bridges?

6/	What does this bug mean: 'Bad topology way level 2'?

7/	Last one: http://www.openstreetmap.org/note/262225 is in the right spot
for the 90 to 100 kph change, but it is in the middle of the way.  No doubt
there are more like this in the area.  Do I split the way at this point and
tag each section with the different speeds?  If so, what about each time the
councils move the signs into different spots?  Then when fixed, any comment in
the note, or just 'Resolve'?

Any particular Wiki pages useful for these?
--
Regards
Simon Slater

Registered Linux User #463789