[talk-au] Possible illegal imports in Western Australia

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 23:32:34 UTC 2016

On 7/18/2016 5:31 AM, Andy Townsend wrote:
> For info, I've just finishing reverting the remaining nodes from these
> imports.  The last one was
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/40792543 .  As previously
> mentioned upthread, many of the objects had already been removed but
> some of the nodes from some of the larger changesets remained.
>
> Two issues that I spotted on the way through I've commented on on:

Using Strava cyclist heat map it looks to me like the roundabout (way
361673628) should be  a smaller diameter.
The other roundabout (north western side) way 351188658  has used the
same diameter, that too may need to be reduced?

Bing, AGRI and Mapbox imagery are not upto date in this area so cannot
be used.

Similar situation - not available in the present imagery.
Way Arthur Street 37451474
Way Lord Street 346140242 and part of way 318945115.

> It'd be great if a Perth local could have a look at those.

Might take some time.
In the short term would it not be 'better' to;

1) Reduce the roundabout diameters and remove the kinks (probably a more
truthfull representation of what is there)

2) Reduce the portrayed importance to the sections of these roads?

And then place fixmes on the ways?