[talk-au] Wikidata IDs in OSM

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 12:49:31 UTC 2016

> Secondly, we have had success in using a bot to add IDs automatically,
> but the bot approval list requires local agreement. How would you feel
> about us, or one of you (I think the code can be shared), doing so for
> all of Australia, or on a state-by-state (or other division) basis?

Interesting, I recently had a go at adding Wikidata IDs into OSM for
some features in Australia, but I quickly gave up on the manual
process.

I'm keen an an automated/semi-automated approach, but of course it
would be important that any automated process didn't overwrite
existing wikidata keys (but maybe reported them for follow up if they
are in conflict).

Interested in what others here think.