[talk-au] osmaustralia.org website and Garmin .img files - current status ?

Matt White mattwhite at iinet.net.au
Thu May 5 09:16:40 UTC 2016

My apologies - fixing that process has been on my list for a long time
(years...). The computer it runs on for some reason just shuts down
randomly, so I often boot it up at work and let it run, but it doesn't
stay up long enough to get through a generation run.

I moved most of the scripts off the old computer today onto a newer
machine, and rebuilt them, but got side tracked at work and only got
some basic testing done. I have upgraded the mkgmap version as well, so
hopefully a few of the newer features will appear (I've got to
experiment with a few of the settings, and I need to clean up a couple
of the tpy files)

I'll try and finish it tomorrow hopefully - just got to cleanup the zip
and upload process and we will be away.

If anyone wants the various scripts I use so they can run the whole
thing themselves (it's on Windows not linux, so it's a little bit of
batch file fun, although I was going to port them to powershell for
fun), email me - the new file/folder layout I put together today makes
it a little easier to manage the various files, and easier to add in
other areas to generate.

Matt