[talk-au] Is it ok to add data from the yellow pages to OSM?

cleary osm at 97k.com
Sat Nov 12 03:14:52 UTC 2016

Use your favourite search engine to search for the many articles about
copyright in the yellow and white pages. You will find articles such as
http://www.mondaq.com/australia/x/95894/Copyright/Copyright+in+Databases+No+Copyright+in+White+and+Yellow+Pages

The Federal Court of Australia ruled there was no copyright in the
printed editions of the yellow pages and white pages. The decision was
appealed and the Full Bench of the Federal Court upheld the previous
decision.

I think that effectively places the yellow pages printed edition in the
public domain and the information can be used by anyone for any purpose.
 As far as I know the decision did not apply to the yellow pages or
white pages websites.