[talk-au] Fixing deletions

nwastra nwastra at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 02:37:56 UTC 2017

Hi
Archivi is a good way to view a changeset
https://overpass-api.de/achavi/?changeset=47973757 <https://overpass-api.de/achavi/?changeset=47973757>
https://overpass-api.de/achavi/?changeset=47973783 <https://overpass-api.de/achavi/?changeset=47973783>

There is a legend at the bottom left to describe the display.

The WhoDidIt page is useful for monitoring changes in your area
http://simon04.dev.openstreetmap.org/whodidit/?zoom=12&lat=-27.62398&lon=152.63623&layers=BTT&age=1%20month <http://simon04.dev.openstreetmap.org/whodidit/?zoom=12&lat=-27.62398&lon=152.63623&layers=BTT&age=1%20month>
When you select a square you will see a list of changeset that cover that square
	-you can see in Archivy by selecting the [A]
	-you can see the changeset details at openstreetmap.org <http://openstreetmap.org/> by selecting the changeset number

the JOSM editor is a good way to revert a faulty changeset.
	You need to load the ‘reverter’ plugin to perform a revert
	https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/Reverter <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/Reverter>

If you don’t want to use the reverter, I guess you could take a screen capture encompassing the deleted area and load that image in Josm and use it to redraw the bits you want to add back into OSM.
You would need to use the PicLayer plugin to do that
https://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Help/Plugin/PicLayer <https://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Help/Plugin/PicLayer>

…or remap using Bing

The quarry near Rosewood still appears to be correctly mapped by viewing in Bing so not sure what was altered/added there.

Nev