[talk-au] Collaborative Australian Protected Areas Database (CAPAD) 2016
andrew at alantgeo.com.au
Tue Aug 29 23:55:11 UTC 2017
Just wanted to add, that we should get the rights holder to complete the
OSMF CC BY waiver
of if it's CC BY 3 or CC BY 4) before using this data.
Also noting from the blog "Please do not forget that imports need to
follow our Import Guidelines",
On Tue, 29 Aug 2017, at 11:51 AM, nwastra wrote:
> Thanks Andrew
> I remember reading about the rights holder not having time to review
> their CC-BY xx wording for a while yet, so CC-BY 3.0 is ok.
> This is a large import so I we expect it to take some time to get right
> and it is preferable to wait for that instead of mappers adding the data
> in a piecemeal fashion prior.
> Keep up the good work.
> > On 29 Aug 2017, at 10:48 AM, Andrew Davidson <theswavu at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The data came out over a month ago but I hadn't bothered to do any processing on it because I had been led to believe that the data was going to be released under CC-BY 4.0 and the OSM view seems to be that we need to get the rights holder to sign a wavier (https://firstname.lastname@example.org/msg10796.html) even if they had already said yes.
> > However, I've just checked and the dataset is actually CC-BY 3.0 so we may still be OK to go.
> > It'll take a while for me to recreate the processing I did on CAPAD2014 and I'm not sure when I'll have time to do it.
> > On 29/8/17 10:16, nwastra wrote:
> >> Further to my previous query…
> >> I have viewed the thread leading to these…
> >> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-au/2017-February/011272.html
> >> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-au/2017-March/011302.html
> >> and assume that the permission part is ok and the import is still on track.
> >> Is there an update on the timeframe of the import?
> >>> Hi
> >>> I had been expecting that valid explicit permission to use Collaborative Australian Protected Areas Database (CAPAD) 2016 to edit and add information to the OpenStreetMap would have been obtained by now but I assume that the legal licence compatibility issues need to be resolved.
> >>> Is there an estimated timeframe to resolution?
> >>> regards
> >>> Nev Wedding
> >> _______________________________________________
> >> Talk-au mailing list
> >> Talk-au at openstreetmap.org
> >> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-au
> Talk-au mailing list
> Talk-au at openstreetmap.org
More information about the Talk-au