[talk-au] Using "national_park" rather than "protected_area" tags where appropriate

Andrew Davidson theswavu at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 04:19:49 UTC 2017

On 07/12/17 14:24, cleary wrote:

> In the wiki entry for "Key:leisure",  the main statement is that the
> leisure tag is for places people go in their spare time.

Ignoring the obvious problem, which is that this is just the usual
sub-optimal tagging you get in OSM (should have been
landuse=nature_reserve), your interpretation lead us to the problem of
verifiability. So I can only map a leisure=swimming_pool I see in some
aerial imagery if I know more than one person has ever used it (or more
than one in the last year? last month? last week?) in their spare time
(if they bunked off from the work that they were supposed to be doing is
that spare time? if they aren't employed is that spare time?)?

On the other hand, if at least two scientists or parkies have spent a
couple of minutes enjoying the view, while they had lunch, I guess that
makes that IUCN IA reserve leisure=nature_reserve?