[talk-au] #CompleteTheMap and Upcoming Brisbane OSM Events in January and February

David Dean ddean at ieee.org
Fri Dec 15 11:11:27 UTC 2017

Hi everyone!

I've been a little quiet lately, but we have some announcements of new
OpenStreetMap events happening around Brisbane into January and February,
and I thought you might be interested.

1) Mapillary has started a #CompleteTheMap challenge
<https://openstreetmap.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f9d4c3db0d039ad4bed7a1489&id=8b8a7661e0&e=9555fe5c8c>
 and Brisbane is competing
<https://openstreetmap.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f9d4c3db0d039ad4bed7a1489&id=aaec5c4c34&e=9555fe5c8c>.
If you want to help get photos into Mapillary and available for use in
OpenStreetMap please join Mapillary now, and get started Photo Mapping! The
challenge has already started, and continues until January 31st.

2) If you want to know more about Photo Mapping, we are running a Photo
Mapping Party
<https://openstreetmap.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f9d4c3db0d039ad4bed7a1489&id=9a469a362e&e=9555fe5c8c>
in
the Brisbane City Botanic Gardens on Saturday January 13th at 3pm. Details
on EventBrite
<https://openstreetmap.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f9d4c3db0d039ad4bed7a1489&id=e2130f5746&e=9555fe5c8c>,
but I'll send a reminder email closer to the event.

3) If you want to travel a bit further for a Mapping Party in February,
then I have a deal for you! We will be conducting a Mapping Party in
Beaudesert
<https://openstreetmap.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f9d4c3db0d039ad4bed7a1489&id=645d21d98f&e=9555fe5c8c>
(on
Saturday Feb 10th) to capture as much of the town and surrounding areas as
we can on the day. Details on EventBrite
<https://openstreetmap.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f9d4c3db0d039ad4bed7a1489&id=732efcfed1&e=9555fe5c8c>,
but I'll send a reminder email closer to that event too!

Thanks everyone, and happy mapping!

- David
--
http://dbdean.com