[talk-au] Local Government Areas without Councils

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 02:24:20 UTC 2017

On 02-Jan-17 08:12 AM, Andrew Davidson wrote:

> On 30/12/16 10:44, Warin wrote:
>>
>> It does have an administration that performs the function of a 'local
>> government authority'.
>
>> There is an administration that performs the function of a 'local
>> administration' .
>>
>> The authority exercised is, in OSM terms, a level 6 authority.
>>
>> The 'best fit' is level 6 - that is the authority that is exercised.
>
> So under this definition there will be two quite large level 6
> boundaries called "New South Wales Government" and "South Australian
> Government". Not sure that will make anyone happy.

Near as I can figure .. your joking.

The state of NSW carries the name=New South Wales ... no Government here
...  in fact I'd think very few things could carry the name * Government ?

That said , and example would be the name used for nsw western bit
name = Unincorporated Area of Western NSW could be appropriate ... run
by the Western Lands Commission - part of the NSW Dept of Environment.... ?

Similar things will probably exist for other areas.