[talk-au] TAGGING a 'club' to a suburb rather than its actual street address ot isolate risk of theft/abuse

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 09:43:51 UTC 2017

Hi,
Andrew has it correct ... the map shows the actual location. Many things
on the map could be targets for theft - car mechanics garages for instance.
Sorry but I don't see anyway that an area can be mapped for a club
workshop,
the address will be found to anyone who really wants it, all that
putting it in OSM does is makes it a little easier.
A google search on woodworking clubs gets a few hits - most of them with
addresses.

As for spam emails and emails to past office holders .. too easy?

Email for club secretary? Sidney.Woodwork.Club.Secretary at gmail.com as an
example -
The gmail account can be past from one office holder to the next.
Gmail does filter spam somewhat too.
This may go against gmails rules .. contact them and see if they can
understand the requirement and if they would accept it.

Phone numbers are some what harder unless you have a landline at the
club premises - there you can forward a call to another number .. and
that number can be kept up to date for the present contact person.
You will probably need to pay for 2 landlines - incoming and outgoing -
and some equipment to do the job.
If that is too much - a simple landline going to a message recorder
would be very easy.