[talk-au] OSM QGIS 'workshop' in Perth this weekend

Sam Wilson sam at samwilson.id.au
Mon Jul 31 06:54:15 UTC 2017

Not much to show for it yet I'm afraid!

We ran into a bug with creating virtual layers from layers that have
attributes with colons in their names (e.g. toilets:disposal), and also
couldn't figure out getting relations' data in (the built-in QGIS way of
doing it creates strange layers with an 'extra_params' column that can't
easily be used in rules etc.).

We're putting together what we know here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/QGIS_tutorial

It'll be a few months till we're up to the print composer stuff I think
(we only meet fortnightly).

The idea is to have a set of instructions that any newbie can use to get
up and running with data in QGIS, so they can get on with the fun stuff
of making a pretty map. :-)

—Sam.