[talk-au] Roadside rest areas tagged as camp sites

Mark Pulley mrpulley at lizzy.com.au
Fri Jun 2 08:48:28 UTC 2017

Quoting Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com>:

> _Truck Parking_
> Some places have had the name 'Truck Parking' applied to them (service
> roads, parking areas and rest areas too). Not good.
> My confusion here is does this mean truck only? I think other users may
> have the same issue.
> And some rest areas have a real name, so leading to this data being removed.
> The tag hgv=yes could be applied to the roads and rest areas to
> indicate this, and it does not mean motor_vehicle=no.

Some roadside parking areas are explicitly signposted as truck parking
(rather than rest area) - I have often marked these as parking areas
with name=Truck Parking (or similar - if it isn't otherwise named). I
have no idea if cars are banned (there is no explicit sign saying they
are, and I have stopped in these in a car at times).

Mark P.