[talk-au] NSW Rail Data Import

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 22:57:20 UTC 2017

Welcome indeed Patricia!

By placing your data into OSM there is  legal stuff to consider ..  the
entered data becomes available for anyone to use. Some simple reading
for non lawyers http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Copyright

Conflating or merging your data can be tedious where both data bases
contain what is supposedly the same thing.
An assessment of which is 'best' and where transitions occur is difficult.
Where the features are above ground satellite imagery is helpful.
Underground stuff is very difficult .. for example I recently made some
changes to platforms 5 and 6 at Epping Station base on the above ground
positions of the lifts.

Please ask for any difficulties you may have, or where you require more
information.