[talk-au] Roadside rest areas tagged as camp sites

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue May 2 00:59:21 UTC 2017

The essential difference between these 'camping' activities is the
provision of a self contained toilet. (A shower is then secondary.)

Where there is no self contained toilet the occupants then seek local
relief and that can lead to problems. So that is a mapping issue for me.
One of the reasons why I prefer not to be directed to a 'rest area' for
a tent site, those without a toilet tend not to appeal.

Some of the camper trailers are very well equipped .. they would need to
be from the prices they charge.
I'd tend to lump them with caravans - they tow behind the vehicle. Much
like lumping campervans with motorhomes?