[talk-au] Roadside rest areas tagged as camp sites

David Bannon dbannon at internode.on.net
Wed May 3 00:33:02 UTC 2017

Warin, I agree with you in theory. I almost never camp at a site without
a toilet because such camp sites are sometimes in a disgusting state.
However, when mapping, we should not apply our particular moral beliefs,
fact is lots of people do stay at such sites. If its legal and practical
to do so, we should so map. We should not be trying to enforce our
beliefs via OSM.

Again, I will remind you that the distinction between tents, camper
trailers, campers, caravans, mobile homes is one of degree. Pick any two
spots on that spectrum and I will show you a rig that can fit between them.

(Sorry I have been out of this discussion for some time, we are away
camping, down the deep southwest of Tasmania there is very little
communications ....)

David