[talk-au] Tagging - World Solar Challenge - Darwin to Adelaide

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri May 19 11:13:33 UTC 2017

On 19-May-17 08:54 PM, nwastra wrote:
> I would like to see additional tags to specify the period that the
> World Solar Challenge route is being used for the actual race.
> Not so sure about the route relation remaining as a mapped entity
> after the race is completed but do not really see a reason why is
> should not be permanently mapped and updated and rerouted as it
> changes each year.
> Will be interesting to see others comments on the mapping of this race
> route.

It is not run every year ... far too costly for that ... cost to the
competitors that is.

Route.. over most of the course there is little choice!
They do try to avoid hills - too much power required.
Where it goes through major towns I think they do get traffic control ..
at least in part.

As the roads, for the most part, are not closed to normal traffic .. it
is not strictly a 'raceway'.