[talk-au] BYO drinks at restaurant

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 23:27:37 UTC 2017

Thanks everyone for input - have gone with drinks:alcohol = BYO.

Now just a matter of seeing how it appears when the maps for my phone
(OSMAND+) update next.

It's apparent though, when looking at restaurants, that very few details
have been entered against them - frequently only "Restaurant" & Name,
occasionally type of cuisine, with only a few others having any further
details - phone, opening hours etc.

There's one strange bit of info that is showing up, at least on OSMAND,
though.

If nothing else, the description of each place shows "Restaurant", the
location Lat / Long & another apparent location field something like
"5R3MXC5M+JM" - anybody have any idea what that could represent? I've
looked at a couple of dozen listings for restaurants & other POIs, both
here on the GC & also in Sydney, & every listing has a similar code against
it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Graeme