[talk-au] Ficticious edits near Victor Harbour

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 23:01:03 UTC 2017

On 04/11/2017 22:30, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:

> But I'd also agree with reverting the changes & blocking them till we
> get an explanation.

Normally first things first, I'd suggest commenting on a changset and
explaining that the data that they're modifying is used to create the
map that eveyone sees.  However someone's already commented on
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/53468055 , and they haven't
edited since then, so it's probably OK to wait a few days to give them
chance to return from wherever they've been this weekend and read that
message.

The bit of SA where they're editing doesn't get lots of edits, so
waiting a few days probably won't make the revert more difficult. We
(the DWG) will keep an eye open for future edits.  If we appear to have
fallen asleep please nudge via an email to data at osmfoundation.org :)

Best Regards,

Andy (DWG member)