[talk-au] Qld topo map usable?

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 06:24:01 UTC 2017

I made an enquiry to DNRM about this exactly back in June.

The response I got was:

We have given consideration to your request and advise that, consistent
with Queensland Government policy, our data is provided under a CC:BY 4.0
Licence.  The department will not provide the data under an ODbl licence.
It is our belief that a CC:BY licence is sufficient for use of our data and
we do not accept that OpenStreetMap cannot use our data under the CC:BY
licence.

If you have any questions or I can be of any further assistance please feel
free to contact me by any of the methods below.

So in the end I didn't get the waiver form OSMF requires, yet DNRM believes
we can use CC BY 4.0 data in OSM without it, in conflict with what the OSMF
says. I don't feel this is good enough, but I'm not a lawyer so I left it
at that.

If anyone can help pick this up again, I feel we have a good chance of it
happening.

DNRM are very responsive to enquiries like this, which is great.