[talk-au] Emergency Access Point phone tags

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 09:57:21 UTC 2017

On 09-Sep-17 04:24 PM, Rhubarb wrote:
> I would've put most of these in over the last several years or so
> (especially along the main yarra trail, Melbourne). At the time I put
> phone=000 as that's what the emergency marker signs listed to contact
> in case of emergency (along with the marker reference code).
>
> Feel free to remove the phone=000 tag - as at the time there wasn't
> much on the wiki that describes emergency markers.

The phone tag is normally taken as the phone number of that feature .. in this case that emergency marker.

Which is clearly wrong. :) I'm not too worried by it myself, most people will understand, it is the annoying exceptions that 'we' have to cater for.

> I've been using the phone format +61-3-12345678, I can change if
> needed.

Think it is personal preference?

I'd prefer +61 3 1234 5678 9 (if these are next weeks winning lotto numbers - can we have a share?)