[talk-au] Wagga to Echuca survey

Andrew Davidson theswavu at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 09:59:07 UTC 2018

Yeah, names are hard and just because a sign says something does not make
it true.

Back in the day when I used to drive up and down this road it was just
known as "The Lockhart Road" and there were no signs to indicate one way or
the other. If you look at where the road changes name you find it's at the
point where Lockhart and Wagga Councils meet (There are welcome signs on
each side of the road). If you check each Councils' website you will find
that Wagga uses "Lockhart Road" and Lockhart "Lockhart Collingullie Road",
this also lines up with what is in G-NAF. I would suspect that some random
RMS fonctionnaire has put up the wrong sign.

According to the Geographical Names Board "Bullenbung Creek" is the old
name and "Bullenbong Creek" is the new name (and by new we are talking
since July 1972).