[talk-au] Victorian Street names source?

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 00:11:22 UTC 2018

On 30 April 2018 at 07:38, John Berkers <berjo at ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> JOSM has an imagery layer for VicMap which shows street names from LASSI.
> LASSI is more generally available here:

Is that standard or something you've added for your installation? I
couldn't find it in the JOSM sources.

I've just sent off an email to clarify if VICNAMES is covered under the
Vicmap data waiver.

> The Contributions page shows that VicMap Data is approved for use, with
> the DELWP having completed the CC-BY-4.0 waiver.

That's right, we can use VicMap Data which includes VicMap Transport which
has road names.

https://www2.delwp.vic.gov.au/maps/spatial-data/victorian-spatial-data#Vicmap_Transport-11

To make it easier I've downloaded the data through their shopping cart into
https://tianjara.net/data/VICMAP/

You can download that, open it in something like QGIS and inspect the road
data and names.