[talk-au] Ferry Routes mapping in NSW

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 13:41:35 UTC 2018

I think so long as there's an active ferry route running between two
terminals then it should have a route=ferry[1] connecting them, roughly
following the actual geometry the route normally takes. Where you have a
ferry route that sometimes has a few variants, eg. sometimes skips a
terminal, or sometimes goes to a different wharf, then that can be
accounted for using the ferry route relation.

As the wiki points out[1], this could be a simple way, or a route
relation[2]

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:route%3Dferry
[2] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:route