[talk-au] Using data from traditional owners of the land / Current waiver form

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 12:45:13 UTC 2018

On 23/08/18 20:37, Ewen Hill wrote:
> It's an interesting conundrum that perhaps going forward we need to flag how
> we deal with sacred areas and knowledge that should be respected by not
> being mapped.

Some of the problem is that in signifying and area as 'not to be mapped' it may draw attention to it.. and that is the last thing that is wanted.

Catch 22.

I have seen maps with that kind of detail .. mainly to tell construction crews where to stay out of.
Or where to be particularly accurate as to where the road goes .. either side is 'sacred' so they have to thread the needle.
But they are restricted maps .. not publicly available.
That kind of information is not be something I'd put into OSM. Sorry.