[talk-au] Adding lane tags to major roads

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Fri Dec 7 23:38:25 UTC 2018

That is a good point. The query would probably be easy enough to modify.
Something like this...

[timeout:190];
area[name=“New South Wales"]->.a;
way[highway~"motorway|trunk|primary"][!lanes][!"lanes:forward"][!"lanes:backward"](area.a);
out body geom qt;

I think it needs to be pre-processed a bit more to weed out the very short segments. And perhaps work on areas where lanes actually matter (urban) first.

I was looking at how to slice that and got interested in the status of administrative boundary relations for Australia. It seems to be inconsistent, for example in South Australia there is pretty good (but not complete) coverage of admin_level=6 http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/EmZ <http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/EmZ> and even one admin_level=8 (http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/En0 <http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/En0>) but in other states the admin_level=6 coverage is pretty sparse or absent (https://imgur.com/a/gmUJs2r <https://imgur.com/a/gmUJs2r>, query at http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/En1 <http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/En1> but watch out, it’s a lot of data). If you all think this is useful to fix / complete perhaps we can set up a page to coordinate. I’m happy to help.

--
 Martijn van Exel
 m at rtijn.org