[talk-au] Adding lane tags to major roads

Andrew Harvey andrew at alantgeo.com.au
Tue Dec 11 12:31:57 UTC 2018

I just checked again, it looks like you haven't corrected this yet, so a
friendly reminder it would be nice to have this fixed.
I think it's also a good idea to include the NSW LPI Imagery as the
default background layer for this task. I just filed
https://github.com/osmlab/maproulette3/issues/572 in relation to this.
On Sun, 9 Dec 2018, at 4:53 AM, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> Andrew  H-- correct and I wasn't suggesting that you amend it yourself
> :) I will make the update when I find a moment.> Andrew H/D -- thanks for pointing me to the import plan.
> --
>   Martijn van Exel
>   m at rtijn.org
>

> On Fri, Dec 7, 2018, at 17:29, Andrew Harvey wrote:
>> On Sat., 8 Dec. 2018, 10:38 am Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org wrote:
>>> That is a good point. The query would probably be easy enough to
>>> modify.>>> Something like this...
>>>
>>> [timeout:190];
>>> area[name=“New South Wales"]->.a;
>>> way[highway~"motorway|trunk|primary"][!lanes][!"lanes:forward"][!"l-
>>> anes:backward"](area.a);>>> out body geom qt;
>>
>> Yeah but I don't think I can modify your maproulette challenge, are
>> you able to?>>>
>>> I think it needs to be pre-processed a bit more to weed out the very
>>> short segments. And perhaps work on areas where lanes actually
>>> matter (urban) first.>>>
>>> I was looking at how to slice that and got interested in the status
>>> of administrative boundary relations for Australia. It seems to be
>>> inconsistent, for example in South Australia there is pretty good
>>> (but not complete) coverage of admin_level=6
>>> http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/EmZ and even one admin_level=8
>>> (http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/En0) but in other states the
>>> admin_level=6 coverage is pretty sparse or absent
>>> (https://imgur.com/a/gmUJs2r, query at