[talk-au] Mapping opportunities along the Great North Walk

Dion Moult dion at thinkmoult.com
Thu Dec 27 04:45:14 UTC 2018

G'day all!

I've started walking the Great North Walk and was miffed that I couldn't
immediately find a good online map showing the full route from Sydney to
Newcastle. Instead I found incredibly difficult to navigate websites, paywalled
online maps, and maps split up into many smaller pages.

I decided to walk it myself and create a map for it here:

https://thinkmoult.com/map-of-the-great-north-walk-sydney-to-newcastle.html

Out of curiosity, I was wondering what things I can help map while I'm on this
route? I am not currently aware of a single "route" / multi-line in the OSM
database that describes the Great North Walk.

I considered mapping the sign posts, but they are quite plenty and probably of
little benefit.

Any ideas?

--
Dion Moult