[talk-au] I have written a response to DNRM, please give feedback

Joel H. 95.5.radio at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 11:08:41 UTC 2018

Hi All! I have made a response to DNRM, regarding the licensing for
locality boarders. Please give a critique before I send!

/Hello [NAME],//
//
//Thank you for your time and consideration regarding the approval for
OpenStreetMap.//
//
//As a response to your concern over the licence change, it isn’t
necessary for DNRM data to be re-licenced as a result of usage in
OpenStreetMap. It’s simply about signing a waiver to clarify minor
differences in licences. Approving usage in OSM shouldn’t tamper with
the goals of DNRM since OSM uses a very similar licence with many of the
same philosophical views.//
//
//The first part that needs approval is whether or not you think our
method of Attribution, is sufficient with the “reasonable manner”
requirement of the CC-BY 4.0. We credit sources through the following
page: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors, It’s also
possible to add sources to the objects which are DNRM’s data.//
//
//The second is to waive Section 2(a)(5)(B) of the CC//
//BY 4.0 license as to OpenStreetMap and its users with the
understanding that//
//the Open Database License 1.0 requires open access or parallel
distribution of//
//OpenStreetMap data.//
//
//Many organisations such as Brisbane City Council and New South Wales
Land and Property Information, have already given permission in the same
way that DNRM could.//
//
//I hope you take the time to reconsider. I’ve attached the PDF that is
needed for your review, keep in touch.//
//
//
//Joel Hansen//
//Local OpenStreetMap Editor/