[talk-au] Beaudesert Mapping Party Next Weekend (10th Feb)

David Dean ddean at ieee.org
Sat Feb 3 11:41:46 UTC 2018

Hi fellow mappers!

Only one week to go to our Beaudesert Mapping Party! Don't forget that I
would be happy to give you a lift from basically anywhere in Brisbane if
you are a bit daunted by the distance [1].

I also have a few more free car phone mounts (with thanks to Mapillary!) to
help with Photo Mapping if you are into that sort of thing.

The mapping party will be starting at 9am on Saturday 10th Feb, and we will
be meeting in the morning for coffee, then surveying, and enjoying a free
lunch in the Scenic Rim Council building while we help each other with our
iDing and JOSMing, etc.

More details on the event are at
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/beaudesert-mapping-party-tickets-41303789747
and please use that link to RSVP so we can plan appropriate amounts of food.

If you can't make it to Beaudesert, please turn up for the monthly
Geospatial Network in Brisbane City on Wed 7 Feb (
https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/brisbane-geospatial-network-wed-7-feb-2018-tickets-42339610916)
and keep representing OSM to the local GIS community (I won't be able to be
there myself, unfortunately though).

- David

[1] About an hour:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/directions?engine=graphhopper_car&route=-27.4690%2C153.0235%3B-27.9876%2C152.9960