[talk-au] How to map CBD boundaries?

Andrew Davidson theswavu at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 05:10:01 UTC 2018

That's a bit of a controversial question. The closest thing to an urban
boundary is the admin_level=7 administrative (See the entire debate
here:
https://www.mail-archive.com/talk-au@openstreetmap.org/msg04041.html it
won't take long).

The problem is coming up with a workable definition of where the
boundary is. I have done a total of two of these using the ABS
definition of the significant urban area. This is the one for Sydney
https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/5750005. However, I have received
more complaints about this than every other edit I've done combined.
Everyone has their own opinion on where Sydney starts and ends.

No doubt the same thing applies to Tweed Heads.