[talk-au] Deserts, mapping and sources

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 23:49:33 UTC 2018

Hi,

OSMand has started rendering deserts.

I note that only the Simpson Desert in OSM so far is Way: Simpson Desert
(168949121) ... I cannot find the source for this.

It would be nice to map the other deserts that we have too. A good
source for this would be the 'Interim Biogeographic Regionalisation for
Australia' by the Australian Government's Department of Sustainability,
Environment, Water, Population and Communities. Of course that copyright
is given as 'CC by' ... See the second map in
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deserts_of_Australia for reference.

Any ideas for a legally usable OSM source?