[talk-au] RSL clubs?

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 06:20:15 UTC 2018

G'day all

How does everyone map RSL Clubs?

I saw the note in the Australian tagging guidelines that suggested use
amenity=licensed_club, but that doesn't render in any way (I know we're not
supposed to be worrying about whether or not something renders, but it
would be nice)

Of the RSL's in my general area, some are just marked as building=yes, not
named as a RSL & with no further info; there's one tagged as a nightclub!;
another as a pub; & others the building isn't even marked.

As we all know, they're a bit of an unusual beast - there's food, but it's
not a restaurant or cafe, bars but not a pub, gambling but not a gambling
centre, meeting rooms but not a community centre & so on.

I've just found a (possibly recent?) category for club=
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:club which includes club=veterans,
being "a club for war veterans", which certainly fits the bill!

Unfortunately, the club tag still doesn't render, although it does at least
display the name.

What's everyone's thoughts on the best way of tagging them, & / or what
should be mentioned?

Thanks