[talk-au] Mapping Indigenous Place Names

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 05:08:56 UTC 2018

There can be problems with internet connectivity for remote communities
.. so getting participation can be difficult.
A local dump of data that can then be used on a server by others can be
very beneficial - reduces the remote network load and speeds the locals
response times.

Part of  'verifiable on the round' is asking a local.. if it is a local
doing the mapping then they are most of the way there.

The  OSMwiki for local languages ..is
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Multilingual_names